There are many things that I’ve learned over the past decade that I wish I new back then.
Man, when I reflect on the past 10 or so years there has been a lot that has happened. When I was sixteen I was a Junior in high school and was just trying to figure out life. I felt like I was old but at the same time I didn’t have any independence. Rules were rules and I was just following the path that my parents told me that I needed to follow. There were going to be many difficult life choices that needed to be made about who I wanted to become and what I wanted the world to look like.
- Boys are just boys
- It is okay to get denied at your top college choice, you will love where you end up and if you don’t you can always transfer
- You don’t need to decide your future right now
- Juicy Couture is not cool
- You do not need the multi-colored Louis Vuitton bag
- Low-rise jeans will hopefully NEVER come back
- Don’t spend each day dreading being at school, make the most of it
- Study and pay attention in class
- Don’t tell your parents that you really don’t like them, you will regret it
- Your friends now may not be your friends in 10 years and that is okay
- Don’t let one mistake define you
- Enjoy your fast metabolism
- Don’t put so much pressure on prom and who you go with
- Learn to apologize and admit you made a mistake
- You’ll regret making your parents spend over $100 on anything from Abercrombie
- Nothing good happens past midnight
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself
- Enjoy life on AIM because it won’t last forever and make a good screen name, it will haunt you forever (ESuperstar1013)
- Don’t wish you were older
- Enjoy life, it goes faster than you think
What would you tell your 16-year-old self?
Thanks for reading Elle’s Edit. If you have any topics that you would like for me to discuss, feel free to email me at email@example.com. I would love to hear from you! xo