A weekly edit, by Dana.
A few exciting things happened for me this week:
1. I was invited to speak at LIM College to talk about my Merchandising and Blogging careers. I’ve always LOVED speaking to groups of students. In high school I was always an ambassador for my track team and was Senior Scholar Athlete, so I gave a speech after my first year of college to all of the athletes. In college, I was a Student Ambassador and Orientation Leader, so I was always looking for ways to mentor students in any way. I’m seriously STOKED to speak about two things I’m most passionate about!
2. The next one is a really fun project I’m working on for The Champagne Edit. It’s behind the scenes and not a brand partnership in any way. It’s in the beginning stages, but I’m already so excited for the direction this project is heading.
3. I got to SoulCycle 3 times this week! My goal is to get to a class 3-4 times a week, and I’m feeling really good about it. I got to a 7AM class this morning, which is hopefully going to kick start me waking up earlier. Wednesday’s class was definitely a struggle – my legs are not used to that much effort back-to-back. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing my body get right back to where I left off when I used to go to SoulCycle 4-5 times a week!
Work has not been slowing down at all. The last week or so, I’ve had to do a lot of damage control with our Spring samples not coming in on time for market. Many issues are out of my control, but since samples are a Merchandising function, the blame will always fall on myself and my team. On the bright side, this is a huge learning curve for me, and a great way to up my problem solving skills. But still, it’s hard not to get stressed and frustrated, but I guess that’s why it’s called work, huh?
What are some of your highs and lows from this week?
The Weekend Update
It’s supposed to be SO gross out. It’s been a never-ending storm in New York City. UGH. Tonight is all about catching up on Riverdale with Matt – DO NOT SPOIL IT FOR ME! PS: Do you watch?!
Tomorrow we’re supposed to be going out for Matt’s cousin’s birthday…hopefully the weather will cooperate! I’ve been dying to see my boys play tee ball, so Matt and I are going to see what time their games are on Sunday since we’ll be up in Westchester.
What I’m Loving This Week
- A glimpse inside Grace’s day-to-day!
- Love how open Alicia is about botching her first campaign.
- Interesting read on some upcoming IG updates (that includes monitoring of your app usage).
- Thanks to Carly, I know exactly how to throw a party for the Royal Wedding!
- Krista confirms that I MUST plan a trip to Nantucket this summer.
Things I’m Buying (and Eyeing)
- Nothing but good reviews for this face wash, so I obviously bought it.
- Call me crazy, but I LOVE these Balenciaga sneakers.
- Love these lace up sandals with the block heel!
- An easy breezy summer dress.
Today I Will…
Drink more water.