A weekly series dedicated to everything from Q&As, sale finds, weekend updates, sneak peeks and more!
C H A M P A G N E T A S T E
What has been your favorite post on the blog?
Well that’s a tough question! I’m going to say these two posts have been my favorite of 2017 so far: Styling this velvet dress and layering up with my leopard coat. Since I’ve been blogging for about four and a half years, there are SO MANY posts I’ve written and loved on the blog. Of course, outfit posts are 100% my favorite kinds of posts to shoot, create and write!
I saw you were trying to read more. Any good recommendations?
I read three books in January and there’s no sign of stopping;) If I keep this up, I’ll definitely add more posts about books and recommendations! Here’s a bit about what I read last month:
- People Who Knew Me: This book was a really quick read. It was about a woman, 9/11, 2 men, a daughter, and cancer. There are a lot of twists and turns, but it’s a really heartfelt book that kept me turning the page.
- The Knockoff: An Editor-in-Chief of a successful fashion magazine comes back after cancer treatment to find her magazine is going completely digital. It was an easy book to relate to since I work in the fashion industry and am also heavily involved in the digital world.
- The Widow: Okay, this book sort of gave me the creeps. But a page-turner, nonetheless. A women is caught between her husband and an investigation about a missing child. She ends up sticking by him, but when he ends up tragically passing, all bets are off and the truth comes out.
C H A M P A G N E F I N D S
- I just got these shoes and I’m IN LOVE. Obviously, I would love the Chanel option, but $1100+ on shoes just isn’t an option for me at this point since I’m trying to save up for a new bag before my trip to London! Stayed tuned.
- I got a jade roller recently and this blog post tells you more about this crazy contraption;)
- This striped dress looks like something I’d wear every day.
- When I saw Meggan wearing this patchwork cardigan, I knew I wanted it. It looks so cozy!
- How adorable are these plaid pants? So chic.
C H A M P A G N E D A I L Y
This weekend was a bit of a blur. I’ve been getting really bad migraines (at least that’s what my doctor thinks it is) that leave my hands/face numb, my vision spotty, and just out of commission for the day. I got three of them this week alone, and they are SO ANNOYING. I’m hoping I can start some new medicine soon and figure this out! I also wanted to thank everyone who has sent over suggestions about what has worked for you! So appreciated!
On a better note, it’s Superbowl Weekend! I’m in a few pools, so I’m hoping I win some $$$ and Tom Brady loses. But hey, that’s just me;)
C H A M P A G N E G A I N S
Despite feeling out of it, I got to the gym four times this week. I’m happy I pushed myself and I actually felt better when I got to moving around – and it’s also MUCH easier when you have a gym buddy. My sister joined two weeks ago and it’s awesome that our offices are two blocks from each other – and we meet in the middle at Equinox!
WORKOUTS THIS WEEK:
- CIRCUIT TRAINING: We both got out a bit early on Monday and Thursday, so we skipped our 6:30PM class and did our own circuit: Squats with kettlebell, mountain climbers, medicine ball slams, planks, TRX work – bridges, crunches, leg kicks with hip raises, and weighted squats. If you’d like me to share more about the exact workout I did, I can definitely write about post about circuits!
- EQX BARRE BURN
C H A M P A G N E L O V I N ‘
I hope you enjoy this Pop! Fizz! Chat! series as much I enjoy writing and researching for it. If you ever have a question you’d like me to answer, feel free to shoot me an email, tweet me, send me a DM on Instagram, or ask it anonymously here!