Oh Fall, you have my heart.
Call me basic, but I love Fall. Always have, always will. There are so many reasons why I love Fall, the coziness of the season, football, using my crockpot, my birthday, the leaves changing, you name it, I love it. I am honestly so excited for the change of the seasons because woof it has been hot here in nyc. Yesterday was actually 92 degrees and I heard that it has been the warmest day in October since 1942!! LIKE WHAT?! Since we are entering a new season, I wanted to start it off on the right foot and share with you what I want to do to make it the best season yet. So let’s get to it! Shall we?
1. Make time to actually enjoy the season. I want to go apple picking, pumpkin picking, bake, go for long walks, and be outside as much as possible before the winter approaches.
2. Take a look at my finances. I try to do this every single quarter but I want to actually examine my American Express bill and try to cut down on some unnecessary spending. For the most part I am proud of myself to say that I do take my finances seriously and I save a good chunk of my money but I know I can be much better. Maybe this season I will make a goal for myself, like no food delivery! I actually don’t do it very often (I shockingly like to cook) so it shouldn’t be TOO challenging but we will see.
3. Spend 30 mins reading before bed and do not look at my phone afterwards. I’ve been getting better at reading at night before I hit the hay but right after I finish reading I go on my damn phone. Stupid I know. But now I am really making a serious effort to say no to screen time 30 mins before I close my eyes.
4. Seriously organize my closet. Y’all I’ve been saying this since JANUARY. I really need to clean out my closet. For the longest time I was so good about if I ran out of hangers, I would have to donate clothes but now if I run out of hangers, I run to the Marshalls that is down the street and get some more. It is so bad. I am trying to save this until a really cold rainy/snowy Saturday or Sunday where I can just focus on this but I need to do it sooner rather than later.
5. Slow down a bit. When we enter fall/winter months our schedules tend to get so busy and this is right after a busy summer. Did you notice that we are only 3 months away to 2020? That is insane. This year absolutely flew by and I need to live more in the moment and slow the f* down. I have done a better job at saying no to many things but I realized saying no doesn’t help me. I just need to take it easy and not be so go go go all the time.
What are you going to do to make fall your best season yet?
Thanks for reading Elle’s Edit. If you have any topics that you would like for me to discuss, feel free to email me at email@example.com. I would love to hear from you! xo