Another year gone by – crazy, huh? 2016 was definitely one for the books and has made me so excited to jump head first into 2017! I have a ton of goals for Pink Champagne Problems and it all starts with this post today!
THE LOOK | sweater c/o, pants, leopard beanie, chanel flats (similar), sunglasses, bag c/o
You should know I’m a BIG sweater girl. This sweater from Chicwish is probably one of the most different sweaters I own – and I love that! We all have those days where we have absolutely nothing in our closets and don’t feel like putting anything together. To be honest, I feel like I have those days entirely too often. And on those days, I reach for my most oversized sweaters. As of late, it’s been this sweater. I love the detailed back – I wear it with a tank underneath if I’m wearing it to work, FYI – THAT would be pretty inappropriate now wouldn’t it;)
Chicwish has been one of the first places I head to when I want to find affordable fashion! You all remember this post from my girls’ trip to the Hamptons, right? I still wear this dress a ton – just adding tights and a cardigan to accommodate for the change in weather.
Over the next week or so, I’m going to be sharing a few other Chicwish favorites, so stayed tuned!
SHOP THE POST
I wanted to kick off 2017 not only with an outfit post, but also with a few fun facts about myself! I’ve been getting such amazing feedback from people thanks to this survey, and one of the call outs was that I needed to be more personal on the blog. You’re all very aware the love I have for sweaters and champagne, but there’s a lot more to me! So now, that’s a huge goal for me on the blog! I’m thinking about incorporating a “coffee chat” series once a week: To answer questions, talk about things I’m loving, sales happening, etc. What do you think about that? Let me know in the comments below!
THE GIRL BEHIND PINK CHAMPAGNE PROBLEMS
- I went to school in Arlington, VA and studied Communications/Fashion Merchandising.
- Thanks to my older sister, I always knew I wanted to be in the fashion industry – she is in the Sales field, but after interning in a sales position, I knew I wanted to be a Merchandiser (see more on that below)
- I could literally live off of Chipotle and sushi. (PS: I’m not the world’s best eater.) I also drink iced coffee all year round…even when it’s snowing.
- I’m a HUGE Pittsburgh fan. It’s seriously my second favorite city in the entire world (New York wins, duh). It seems like I’m the only New Yorker who loves the Penguins, Steelers, and Pirates – and trust me, a lot of people don’t let me hear the end of it;)
- I met my boyfriend one summer through a mutual friend and we’ve been inseparable ever since. He’s a pretty cool dude.
- I’ve had the same best friends (there’s 8 of us) since freshman year of high school. We were all on the cross country/track and field team and did everything together. LITERALLY EVERYTHING.
- Speaking of running, I was actually a big athlete back in the day. I started out playing basketball for most of my childhood, then realized I was 5’1 and stuck with running in high school and a bit of college – I ended up being an All-American too! Since then, I’ve run a few half marathons in different cities, but never a full (yet).
- I’m probably the world’s worst cook. Actually, I shouldn’t even be labeled “cook”, because I don’t cook. Fires and knives scare me, true life.
- I used to be a HUGE bookworm, like I would take 5-10 books out from the library at a time. Now, I feel like with my full time job on top of the blog and social media, it seems like I have NO time to read. Anyone have any tips on how to simply make time to read? Or any good book recs?
- I love love love my job. LIKE LOVE IT. It’s a bit hard to explain what I do because my team has a lot of different functions. But basically, my two bosses and I oversee everything from design development all the way through production…and everything in between. All different teams (Sales, Design, Planning, Marketing, etc.) come to my team to make decisions: Does this print fit into the collection? What should the wholesale/retail of a style be? Does this certain marketing mesh well with other marketing we call out? It’s pretty cool that my team gets to be part of such big decisions and I love how involved we are with every part of the process! Currently, I work with three different categories: Woven shirts, sweaters and knits. I’m definitely going to incorporate more work/blog/life balance in 2017 – so if you have any specific questions, shoot me an email!
And there you have it – just a bit more about myself! I decided I’m going to keep my reader survey up through the end of January, so if you have any free time (it’ll only take like 3 minutes, promise!!!), I’d LOVE for you to give your honest feedback!